A healthy lifestyle leaves you fit, energetic and at reduced risk for disease, based on the choices you make about your daily habits. Good nutrition, daily exercise, and adequate sleep are the foundations for continuing good health. Managing stress in positive ways, instead of through smoking or drinking alcohol, reduces wear and tear on your body at the hormonal level. For longer and more comfortable life, put together your plan for a healthy lifestyle and live up to it. These are the five keys for a healthy and happy life.
1. A Healthy Diet
A healthy diet is calculated and rated based on the reported intake of healthy food like vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains, healthy fats, and omega-3 fatty acids, and unhealthy foods like red and processed meats, sugar-sweetened beverages, trans fat, and sodium.
- Healthy Body Weight, defined as a normal body mass index (BMI), which is between 18.5 and 24.9.
- Moderate Alcohol Intake, which was measured as between 5 and 15 grams per day for women, and 5 to 30 grams per day for men. Generally, one drink contains about 14 grams of pure alcohol. That’s 12 ounces of regular beer, 5 ounces of wine, or 1.5 ounces of distilled spirit.
- Smoking, well, there is no healthy amount of smoking. “Healthy” here meant DON’T SMOKE!
2.Healthy Physical Activity Level
if you want a healthy body then it needs to be maintained not just by the intake of healthy food but by other means too. If you don’t maintain your car, there is an increased possibility that it will stop working. Similarly, if you don’t exercise your body, it will slowly stop working the way that you want it to. which was measured as at least 30 minutes per day of moderate to vigorous activity daily.
Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and healthy food that contain water.
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine determined that adequate daily fluid intake is:
- About 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids for men
- About 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women
These recommendations cover fluids from water, other beverages, and food. About 20 percent of daily fluid intake usually comes from food and the rest from drinks.
We must ensure proper rest and quality sleep for great immunity. All repair, recovery, growth, and healing happens when you sleep. A lot of magic happens at the cellular level in the body when we sleep including natural detoxification. Ideally completing 7-8 hours of sleep with healthy food and proper exercise is essential.
Stress is a normal part of life. It’s related to many events that happen to you and around you and many things that you do yourself put stress on your body. You can experience stress from your environment, your body, and your thoughts. It is the body’s reaction to any change that requires an adjustment or response. The body reacts to these changes with physical, mental, and emotional responses.
Do not let stress take over your life. Try to follow your dreams or engage in some kind of a hobby that relaxes you and relieves you of your stress.
Recipe for Happiness:
- 2 heaped cups of patience
- 1 heart full of love
- 2 hands full of generosity
- 1 hand full of understanding
- Mix all the ingredients, sprinkle generosity and kindness
- Add faith and mix well.
- Add a dash of laughter. Spread over a period of time
- Serve smilingly to everyone you meet to spread happiness.
- Have a healthy, Happy life ahead!