Think of everything that supports you: your family, your friends, your coworkers. What about your back? Okay, okay, that was more of a literal answer, but think about it, from sitting in the car to standing in line at the grocery store, your back is what supports you and moves you! Let’s get back to basics and workout your back.
For each exercise, perform 4 sets or 8 repetitions, resting 60 seconds between sets. Use a challenging weight that allows you to complete all reps. If the weight is too east, slightly increase it. If it is too hard, slightly decreases it.
Equipment Needed: Cables, Dumbbells, Bodyweight, Barbells
Workout Time: 45 minutes
Estimated Calorie Burn: 348
- Bent forward at your waist with your knees slightly bent and your back flat while holding dumbbells with your arms straight and palms facing in.
- Lift the dumbbells up to the sides of your chest.
- Lower the dumbbells back to a straight arm position, keeping your back flat throughout.
- Hang from the bar overhead, using an underhand grip with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Pull your body up until your chin reaches over the bar, bending at the elbows.
- Lowe back down extending your arms fully
- Need assistance? Check out some chin-up alternatives HERE
- Stand upright holding the handle in one with your arm straight out in front, your knees slightly bent and your back flat.
- Pull the handle straight to your chest.
- Remain upright throughout and do not sway back and forth
- Complete all reps on one side before switching to the other side
- Stand upright with a barbell on back of your shoulders and your feet about hip-width apart.
- Bend forward at your hips. keeping your back flat and your legs straight.
- Return to the upright position.
- Be sure to maintain a flat back throughout and keep your legs straight.
- Raise one arm and the opposite leg straight up about 18 inches from the floor.
- Hold briefly, then lower yourself back to the floor and repeat with the other arm and opposite leg.
- Support your body off the floor, resting on your toes and forearms.
- Alternating sides with each rep.
For more workouts, anywhere any time, download the Anytime Fitness app today!